I bake my cakes using the freshest, best quality ingredients. My flavours are tried and tested, and I have spent many hours trying out different recipes to find the best ones. Current flavour options are as follows:
- Vanilla sponge with raspberry jam and vanilla or white chocolate buttercream
- Lemon sponge with lemon curd and lemon curd buttercream
- Orange sponge with orange buttercream
- Lime and coconut cake with lime marmalade and lime buttercream
- Rich chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream ganache (delicious served warm with pouring cream)
- Mocha sponge with coffee buttercream ganache
- Carrot cake with orange buttercream (with or without walnuts, small supplement applies)
- Pistachio and rose cake with rose buttercream
- Red velvet cake with white chocolate buttercream
- Lemon and elderflower sponge with lemon and elderflower buttercream
- Fruit cake (for orders placed some months in advance, small supplement applies)
- Madeira cake (my choice for carved/sculpted cakes, it is a bit denser than it’s sponge cake friends, and holds its shape very nicely)
My go-to flavour options for cupcakes are vanilla or chocolate, although if you would like something more unusual then that is also possible.
If there is a particular flavour you would like that is not on my list, please just ask.
My usual cake covering consists of a chocolate ganache covered with sugarpaste. The chocolate ganache gives a perfect base for applying the sugarpaste to, and tastes delicious at the same time! Cupcakes can be covered in either buttercream or sugarpaste.
A few of my flavours can be sampled either at a wedding cake consultation or by purchasing a sample box. I produce sample boxes at various points throughout the year. These are priced at £15.00 each, however if you go on to make a wedding cake booking with me the cost of this will be deducted from the price of your wedding cake.